General PTG Meeting Minutes 5/14/2018
PTG MEETING Minutes –
Westside PTG Meeting
In Attendance: Michelle Rampi, Julie Starrett, Stefania Geraci-Glantz, Ana Shammah, Edina Bobelian, Georgia Tsafas and Lorena Munyak
Board of Education Members in Attendance: Ingrid Wright
Minutes reviewed and approved by Ana Shammah seconded by Michele Rampi
- West Side Run 5/20/18. Cat Bauer present with registration forms. Calling for volunteers for help with serving food. Pick-up t-shirts Saturday 6/19 from 6-8pm. Pre-registration/Early registration is encouraged.
- Field Day is scheduled for 6/1/18. Calling for volunteers to help organize, set-up and serve food.
- Camp out is 6/2/18. Evite was sent.
- 4th grade Ellis Island 6/7/18. Still in dire need of volunteers. Parents from other grades have volunteered to help. The times for volunteers are staggered. Come for a short time or stay and help. The event should end at 11:30. Lunch is served for the volunteers.
- 6th grade party is in need of parent volunteers.
- School Supplies- an email will be sent encouraging parents to purchase school supplies and pay PTG dues. Chairperson needed for the position for the next school year.
- Open committee chair positions- ice cream social, 6th grade events, such, graduation/moving up day (hopefully to get a 4/5 grade parents), field day. Positions can be taken on with a friend to share responsibilities.
- Reimbursement forms need to be submitted to close the books for the year.
- Class assignments will be sent at the end of August.
- Philadelphia trip is Friday. There will be tour guides; a video about the revolutionary war will be shown. This is the first year West Side participates in a guided tour. Feedback will be taken from teachers to evaluate.
- 6th grade parents calling for S.I.T. representatives.
- 6th grade Student-Led Reflections. This initiative came from a goal set by parents and teachers who are members of West Side’s School Improvement Team.
- Members of SWWAT (Students Waging War Against Tobacco) will visit WS 5/6 graders. Chris Homer runs this event and the club.
- Maturation parent meeting is coming up. Parents will be informed about the contents taught to the children and are encouraged to ask questions.
- 2nd grade Parent Orientation for in coming 2nd graders is 6/13 at 9:30am
- 6th grade teachers are retiring next year. Planning is in progress. Hoping to keep the same team of 5 teachers.
Next PTG Meeting 9/17 @ 9:30am
Meeting adjourned 10:10am